You can speak to us at anytime.
Call us on 8223 5879.
We are here 24 hours a day,
7 days a week.
Support after someone dies
Grief is something that everyone experiences in a different way. There is no 'one way' to grieve. Some natural emotions associated with grief include anger, anxiety, sadness and depression, fear, guilt, confusion, shock and sometimes relief.
The experience of grief depends on individual factors some of which are personality and age, the relationship with the deceased and spiritual beliefs.
Coping strategies may include looking after your physical health, spending time with family or time alone, counselling, meditation and creating or offering memorials to a loved one.
At Frank J Siebert Funeral Directors all of our staff are sensitive and understanding of these initial grief reactions and we have an experienced grief support person available to listen to your concerns.
There are also many places in the community where you can seek help:
- your doctor or local community health centre
- a trained counsellor
- Lifeline – Phone: 13 11 14
- Kids Helpline – Phone: 1800 55 1800
- The Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement – Phone:1800 642 066
- National Association of Loss and Grief (SA)
- Sids and Kids – Phone: 1300 308 307
- a bereavement support agency such as The Compassionate Friends
- Solace Association